If you need additional support feel free to reach us at yesorganizer@vdlf.org

Can undocumented students go to college?

Yes. Contrary to what people believe undocumented students are able to attend college, private or public. Funding this, however, depends on your status.

Can I apply for Federal Student Aid if I am not a US Citizen?

Yes, you can apply for Federal Student Aid if you are a Resident or certain “eligible non-citizen” categories such as Refugee, Asylum Granted, T Nonimmigrant Status, Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). See the full eligibility list here.

DACA recipients are not eligible for Financial Aid.

Can an undocumented student get scholarships?

Yes. Although undocumented individuals aren’t eligible for federal funds, you can still apply for funding from the university and or private scholarships. Find some here.

Can I apply for Federal Student Aid if I have DACA?

No. Unfortunately, DACA recipients are not eligible for Federal Student Aid.

Who is eligible for in-state tuition?

This depends on the state that you live in. Currently, in the state of Wisconsin, we don’t have in-state tuition and as an undocumented or DACA-mented student, you will be asked to pay out-of-state tuition. However, in many Wisconsin colleges and universities, out-of-state tuition for undocumented students is dealt with on a case by case basis. Please contact yesorganizer@vdlf.org for further assistance.